In recent years, August has been acknowledged for returned-to-school arrangements and the give-up-of-summer season scariest. For the Charlotte meals and beverage scene, there may be nothing horrifying about August. August welcomes Tiki Wiki’s return at Haberdish, presenting delicious (and Instagramable) tiki-inspired cocktails per week. Restaurants, bars, and breweries are debuting new menu objects and providing nightly and weekly specials. Here are 18 locations to head to, alongside several brand-new things you must do this month. Also, mark your calendar for a few or all of the meals-targeted events highlighted below for this month. (If prices aren’t indexed, they may not yet be had.)
1508 S. Mint St.
Bardo is including new dishes and a brand-new cobrand-new August. During the month, miles offers 20% off food when you sit at the bar on Mondays and Tuesdays.
Washed Away cocktail made with Muddy River Carolina rum, coconut, lemongrass, and lime. $12
Pork Belly with inexperienced strawberry, cherry, and eel sauce. $19
Crudo is made with coconut, cucumber, and carrot. $16
(2) Crepe Cellar
3116 N. Davidson St.
Crepe Cellar brought a La Verre de Vin tool to its bar, allowing personnel to serve its reserve wines using the glass. Here are the wines that you may be capable of attempting for the primary day via the glass or the 1/2 glass:
• 2018 Matthiasson Rosé (Napa, California): Typically $60 in line with a bottle, you may now order a glass for $sixteen or a half glass for $8.
• 2017 Pascal Jolivet Sancerre (Loire, France): Order the bottle for $ sixty-five, or enjoy a pitcher for $18 or a 1/2 glass for $nine.
• 2016 Folk Machine ‘Film & Camera’ Valdiguie (Redwood Valley, California): This $ sixty-five per bottle wine can now be loved for $18 in line with glass or $nine in keeping with half of the glass.
• 2014 Domaine Galévan Chateauneuf du Pape Rouge (Rhône, France): Priced at $80 consistent with a bottle, you could now have a glass for $21 or a half glass for $10.Five.
• 2010 Pakravan-Paki Beccacciaia IGT (Toscana, Italy): Enjoy this wine for $68 according to bottle, or for $18 in line with glass or $nine in keeping with 1/2 glass.
• 2015 Chateau Villemaurine’ Les Angelots’ Bordeaux (Saint-Émilion, France): Enjoy a bottle for $ ninety-five, a glass for $26, or a half glass for $13.
(3) Dunkin’ Multiple locations
Although it’s most effective in August, it looks a bit fall-ish this month at Dunkin’. Starting Aug. 21, get geared up for the go-backk of all things pumpkin.
It’s All Things Pumpkin at Dunkin’: Pumpkin Signature Iced Latte, Pumpkin Iced Coffee, Pumpkin Hot Latte, Pumpkin Hot Coffee, Pumpkin Donut, Pumpkin Muffin, Pumpkin Munchkins, Pumpkin K-Cup, and Pumpkin Frozen Coffee.
Cinnamon sugar pumpkin flavor will be available for liquids.
New breakfast burrito bowl flavors will encompass chorizo and chipotle veggies. Apple cider donuts and Munchkins
(four) Growlers Pourhouse
3120 N. Davidson St.
Growlers Pourhouse will start serving barrel-elderly cocktails this month. Try the Boulevardier cocktail. The barrel became seasoned with Cabernet Sauvignon earlier than including Old Grand-Dad Bourbon, Campari, and Antica Vermouth.
(5) Mimosa Grill
327 S. Tryon St.
Mimosa Grill has delivered a 22 oz. Licensed Angus Beef cowboy ribeye to its menu, served with fingerling potatoes, roasted mushrooms, and a sherry bacon vinaigrette.
(6) NoDa Brewing Company
2921 N. Tryon St.
August sees the releases of some of Charlotte’s favorite beers from NoDa Brewing Company.
Roaring Riot releases on Aug. 2
Dreamsicle IPA releases on Aug. 9
Gorgeous releases on Aug. Sixteen
(7) Reid’s Fine Foods (Myers Park location)
2823 Selwyn Ave.
Reid’s has updated its offerings at the wine bar/lounge.
Summer Salad with grilled peaches, fried goat cheese, purple onions, heirloom tomatoes, blended vegetables, and poo French dressing. $eleven
Caprese Salad made with sliced tomatoes, basil, fresh mozzarella, pesto, pine nuts, balsamic glaze, and arugula. $13
Tuna Poke Lettuce Wraps with tuna, Bibb cups, toasted sesame, and pickled greens. $14
Lobster Carbonara with peas, bacon, cold water lobster, parmesan, and linguini pasta. $26
Curry Fried Chicken with tai-color cauliflower and apple slaw. $21
(8) Reid’s Fine Foods (SouthPark area)
4331 Barclay Downs Drive
Executive Chef Ryan Allen (former executive chef at Little Spoon Eatery) has overhauled the SouthPark menu to characteristic extra seasonal and nearby produce.
Trout served with grits, Brussels sprouts, and pickled chard savor.
Shrimp with corn puree, roasted cauliflower, and green curry sauce.
Scallops with Swiss chard, beet puree, and cherry gastrique.
Pork with burnt carrots, cipollini onion puree, and tomato chutney.
Springer Mountain Farms Chicken is served with vegetable ragout, clean mozzarella, and tomato sauce.