In the latest years, August has ended up acknowledged for returned-to-school arrangements and the give-up-of-summer season scaries. For the Charlotte meals and beverage scene, there may be nothing horrifying about August.
August welcomes Tiki Wiki’s return at Haberdish, per week presenting delicious (and Instagramable) tiki-inspired cocktails. Restaurants, bars, and breweries are debuting new menu objects, in addition to providing nightly and weekly specials.
Here are 18 locations to head to, alongside a number of the brand new things you must do this month. Also, mark your calendar for a few, or all, of the meals-targeted events highlighted underneath for this month. (If prices aren’t indexed, they may be not yet to be had.)
1508 S. Mint St.
Bardo is including new dishes, in addition to a brand new cocktail in August. During the month, it’s miles offering 20% off of food when you sit down at the bar on Mondays and Tuesdays.
Washed Away cocktail made with Muddy River Carolina rum, coconut, lemongrass, and lime. $12
Pork Belly with inexperienced strawberry, cherry, and eel sauce. $19
Crudo is made with coconut, cucumber, and carrot. $16
(2) Crepe Cellar
3116 N. Davidson St.
Crepe Cellar currently brought a La Verre de Vin tool to its bar, allowing personnel to serve its reserve wines using the glass. Here are the wines that you may be capable of attempt for the primary day via the glass or the 1/2 glass:
• 2018 Matthiasson Rosé (Napa, California): Typically $60 in line with a bottle, you may now order a glass for $sixteen or a half glass for $8.
• 2017 Pascal Jolivet Sancerre (Loire, France): Order the bottle for $ sixty-five, or enjoy a pitcher for $18 or a 1/2 glass for $nine.
• 2016 Folk Machine ‘Film & Camera’ Valdiguie (Redwood Valley, California): This $ sixty-five per bottle wine can now be loved for $18 in line with glass or $nine in keeping with half of the glass.
• 2014 Domaine Galévan Chateauneuf du Pape Rouge (Rhône, France): Priced at $80 consistent with a bottle, you could now have a glass for $21 or a half glass for $10.Five.
• 2010 Pakravan-Paki Beccacciaia IGT (Toscana, Italy): Enjoy this wine for $68 according to bottle, or for $18 in line with glass or $nine in keeping with 1/2 glass.
• 2015 Chateau Villemaurine ‘Les Angelots’ Bordeaux (Saint-Émilion, France): Enjoy a bottle for $ ninety-five, or a glass for $26 or a half glass for $13.
(3) Dunkin’ Multiple locations
Although it’s most effective August, matters are looking a bit fall-ish this month at Dunkin’. Starting Aug. 21, get geared up for the go back of all things pumpkin.
It’s All Things Pumpkin at Dunkin’: Pumpkin Signature Iced Latte, Pumpkin Iced Coffee, Pumpkin Hot Latte, Pumpkin Hot Coffee, Pumpkin Donut, Pumpkin Muffin, Pumpkin Munchkins, Pumpkin K-Cup, and Pumpkin Frozen Coffee.
Cinnamon sugar pumpkin flavor will be available for liquids.
New breakfast burrito bowl flavors will encompass chorizo and chipotle veggie
Apple cider donuts and Munchkins
(four) Growlers Pourhouse
3120 N. Davidson St.
Growlers Pourhouse will start serving barrel-elderly cocktails this month. Try the Boulevardier cocktail. The barrel became seasoned with Cabernet Sauvignon earlier than including Old Grand-Dad Bourbon, Campari, and Antica Vermouth.
(5) Mimosa Grill
327 S. Tryon St.
Mimosa Grill has delivered a 22 oz. Licensed Angus Beef cowboy ribeye to its menu, to be served with fingerling potatoes, roasted mushrooms, and a sherry bacon vinaigrette.
(6) NoDa Brewing Company
2921 N. Tryon St.
August sees the releases of some of Charlotte’s favorite beers from NoDa Brewing Company.
Roaring Riot releases on Aug. 2
Dreamsicle IPA releases on Aug. 9
Gorgeous releases on Aug. Sixteen
(7) Reid’s Fine Foods (Myers Park location)
2823 Selwyn Ave.
Reid’s has updated its offerings at the wine bar/bistro.
Summer Salad with grilled peaches, fried goat cheese, purple onions, heirloom tomatoes, blended vegetables, and poo French dressing. $eleven
Caprese Salad made with sliced tomatoes, basil, fresh mozzarella, pesto, pine nuts, balsamic glaze, and arugula. $13
Tuna Poke Lettuce Wraps with tuna, Bibb cups, toasted sesame, and pickled greens. $14
Lobster Carbonara with peas, bacon, cold water lobster, parmesan, and linguini pasta. $26
Curry Fried Chicken with tai-color cauliflower and apple slaw. $21
(8) Reid’s Fine Foods (SouthPark area)
4331 Barclay Downs Drive
Executive Chef Ryan Allen (former executive chef at little spoon Eatery) has executed an overhaul to the SouthPark menu to characteristic extra seasonal and nearby produce.
Trout served with grits, Brussels sprouts, and pickled chard savor.
Shrimp with corn puree, roasted cauliflower, and green curry sauce.
Scallops with Swiss chard, beet puree, and cherry gastrique.
Pork with burnt carrots, cipollini onion puree, and tomato chutney.
Springer Mountain Farms Chicken served with vegetable ragout, clean mozzarella, and tomato sauce.